Monday, January 3, 2011

January 2nd

Weight- 205
Today was fast Sunday so I didn't have breakfast or lunch. For dinner we had steak, mashed potatoes (I kept mine separate with minimal butter and no cream cheese), breadsticks, and mixed veggies. I kept it down to one helping of each then had a 100 calorie fat boy for dessert. Later I had another breadstick, some hot apple cider (my new favorite snack, only 8 calories!), jerky, and some pineapple.
I did study part of the Sunday school lesson for next week. It's on Luke 1. I studied about when Gabriel came to see Mary and told her that she was going to be the mother of Christ. I can't imagine having an angel come and tell me that I'd "found favor" with God and would bear his child. Mary was an extraordinary woman and was worried at first but then said, "behold, the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto be according to thy word." She didn't think about what it would mean, she just said ok, I'm here to do what needs to be done. I need to remember this and do what's asked of me without asking why, or worry about what it's going to mean later on. Unwavering faith that's what it is and what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment