Tuesday, January 5, 2010

RUN

I actually went for my run today! I made sure I was ready right when Shane got home so that I couldn't make up any excuse, even though I had some justifiable ones. Shane had been kind of sick at work, Dinner was going to be done before I got done, and Aria had fallen off her chair and scratched up her chin and her mouth was bleeding. But I still WENT! Sometimes I don't give Shane enough credit to know that he can take care of our kids without me. ;) Anyways on to the run, I didn't want to run in the nasty air, plus it's too cold, so I went to the Smithfield rec center. I decided to just buy a 10 punch pass, since I'm not sure when I'll be able to get up on campus to get my student card. So I finally got everything set up and found my self a treadmill. I decided I don't mind running on a treadmill, it doesn't hurt my ankles and knees as bad as running on the road. I ran my first mile in just barely over 13 minutes! Not terribly fast but not too terribly slow either. I don't know how fast my second mile was because I accidently reset my stats, oops! In my training plan it says I was supposed to run 2 1/2 miles today but I didn't have it in me. But hey this was my first run since Thanksgiving! All in all I think it went well.

1 comment:

  1. I've reset my treadmills a few times too, it's hard to think strait while running! I'm glad you like running on the treadmills, it will be you friend for the next couple of months! By the way, I heard Logan has the worst air in the country! Yuck!

    ReplyDelete