Tuesday, November 17, 2009

1st run

I was so excited to get out and run today. I even bought myself new pants and a jacket to run in. I am doing the couch to 5K program and todays plan was to start off with a 5 minute warm up walk and then alternate 60 seconds of running and 90 seconds of walking for 20 minutes. I thought it went really well for my first run in over 10 months. I even ran longer than 60 seconds a couple of times. I mapped my run and I went 1.47 miles. Not too shabby I think. I have decided on the days that I don't run I will make sure to do some other workout, be it Tae-bo, Pilates, or Yoga. I really want to get active again and to be more fit.

1 comment:

  1. Good job Heather!!! Its so hard to start running. I'm still now completely in the groove of things but it is definitely still a struggle. you'll be doing a 5k in no time! we should find one in January and then you can do a race.

    ReplyDelete